Job Duties for Carpenters
- Responsible for safe pick up, securing and delivering large loads.
- Responsible for accurately checking in deliveries
- Responsible for general tasks and assisting shop manager
- Under general supervision, assist work in construction, repair and maintenance.
- Under general supervision, assist with a full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work;
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Under general supervision, assist with fabrication and assembly of custom stairs and handrail.
- Expected to work in the field at times, at customer sites, for the purposes of measurements and installation, as required by the Production Manager.
- Work with advanced hand tools and use advanced assembly methods to complete production requirements.
- Responsible for general shop maintenance, end of day clean up and ensure all equipment is secure.
- Be willing to learn other specialized skills as required by the Shop Manager.
- Experience with securing large loads for transport
- General knowledge of rough and finish carpentry
- Residential carpentry experience desired
- Experience driving larger vehicles
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift heavy items with and without additional help
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, in various positions, kneeling, stretching, and squatting
- Full Time
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good verbal communication skills.