Job Duties for Carpenters:
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork and fabricated stairs and handrail.
- Under general supervision, perform work in design, construction, repair and maintenance.
- Responsible for the full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work;
- Work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instructions to design, build, retrofit stairs and handrail.
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications.
- Inspect related work by contractors.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Read and understand floor layouts and blueprints.
- Interact with engineering and project managers on how finished product is supposed to look and what are the requirements of use for the product.
- Expected to work in the field at times, at customer sites, for the purposes of measurements and installation, as required by the Production Manager.
- Work with advanced hand tools and use advanced assembly methods to complete production requirements.
- Make recommendations to supervisor on advanced or unique construction methods along with tooling and supply requirements.
- Engage in, when required, advanced training techniques (in house or off-site)
- Be willing to learn other specialized skills as required by the Shop Manager.
- At least 3 years of carpentry experience
- Understanding of rough and finish carpentry
- Residential carpentry experience desired
- Experience with stair and handrail installation a plus
- Experience driving larger vehicles
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift heavy items with and without additional help
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, in various positions, kneeling, stretching, and squatting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background test.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation